For the Burger:
5 ml Vegetable oil
300 g pork shoulder or pork belly
2 1/2 ml chilli flakes
2 1/2 ml Colmans whole grain mustard powder
1 ml salt
1 ml black pepper
30 ml white wine vinegar
30 ml apple cider
50 g onions
5 ml garlic, sliced
For the Coleslaw:
60 g white cabbage, finely chopped
30 g carrot, grated
50 g red onion, finely sliced
50 g Crosse & Blackwell Mayonnaise
5 ml Lime Juice
Salt and pepper to taste
6 seeded hamburger buns
20 ml fresh coriander
1. Preheat the oven at 170'C. Grease a deep casserole dish with oil.
2. Burger: Mix the chilli, mustard, salt and pepper, rub generously over the pork. Place the pork in the casserole dish. Pour the vinegar and cider over and evenly distribute the onions and garlic.
3. Cover dish with foil and roast for 3 hours, then remove the foil and roast for another hour.
4. Shred the pork by using two forks, to pull the meat apart.
5. Coleslaw: Mix all ingredients together until well combined. Adjust seasoning.
6. Assembly: Slice open burger buns, place the pork on top, then place the coleslaw over and garnish with coriander leaves.